Do Not Use These Light Bulbs; They Cause Migraines and Cancer

by Daniel / May 18, 2017 / 0 comments

We all want to cut the power bills and one effective way is to use energy-saving bulbs. These bulbs consume less energy and are good to the environment too. But what most people don’t know is, these bulbs are highly toxic. Poisonous gas is released when these bulbs break. The gas that we are talking about is mercury and if a bulb breaks indoors, 20x of mercury is emitted and this can lead to health complications such as:

Migraines

Fatigue

Seizures

Inability to focus

Anxiety

Dizziness

More importantly, the energy-saving bulbs can cause cancer. The following reasons should make you avoid using energy-saving bulbs:

Mercury

Energy-saving bulbs have the highly toxic chemical mercury. This is a neurotoxin that is a threat to children and pregnant women. It can cause brain, liver, kidneys and nervous system damage. You should also avoid mercury because it’s bad for the immune and reproductive system and the heart.

Carcinogenic

A study that was carried out in the Berlin Alab Laboratory in Germany revealed that energy-saving light bulbs have toxic cancer causing agents.

Phenol

This is an acidic crystalline obtained from coal-tar and is highly toxic.

Naphthalene

This is volatile crystalline material that is obtained after distilling coal-tar. It is also toxic.

Light bulbs emit UV rays especially the UV-B and UV-C types that cause cancer after long exposure. Protect you and your family by using safe bulbs at all times.